With so many challenges facing the specialty industry — REMS, limited networks, margin pressure, new product approvals and changing payor requirements — a specialty pharmacy’s success is dependent upon its ability to address all these issues.
TherigySTM™, Therigy’s innovative solution to specialty therapy management, was designed for leading specialty pharmacies to provide disease and therapy-specific clinical support, maximize adherence, and improve patient outcomes. This quick-start, HIPAA-compliant Web application delivers pre-configured clinical content for specialty pharmacies to manage, track, and report data on the treatment of patients on specialty medications.
With “ready-to-use” scripted assessments — incorporating best practice standards and national accreditation guidelines — TherigySTM integrates with leading pharmacy dispensing systems to manage all aspects of the patient’s therapy, including:
- Side effect management
- Recurring refill assessments
- Therapy discontinuation survey
- Financial assistance information
- Patient support resources
- Clinical interventions
- Patient outcomes reports
- Adherence risk scoring triggers
Currently more than fifty customers, including independent, vertically-integrated, and leading health system specialty pharmacies, use TherigySTM to support their operations. The application can be easily customized to meet each pharmacy’s unique needs, and Therigy’s team of clinical and operational experts are available to help implement the desired high-touch patient support services for optimal business and clinical results.
- Best-in-class, pre-configured drug and disease specific clinical protocols, content, and algorithms
- Fully maintained by Therigy’s IT and clinical staff
- Supports Accreditation requirements
- Consistently manage new and existing patients
- Supports various levels of therapy management
- Real-time access to therapy specific patient support resources
- Faster implementation of new programs
- Continuously updated with new content to allow pharmacy staff to focus on the clinical care of patients
- Assessments designed with answer based branching logic
- Standardized data capture using radio buttons, checkboxes, and dropdown lists
- Increased operational efficiency
- Reportable data capture
- Advanced Customization Toolbox
- Assessment Manager
- Content Developer
- Protocol Builder
- Easily modify existing content and build new programs without any IT expertise
- Independently create custom protocols and trigger assessments to meet the unique needs of stakeholders
- HIPAA compliant
- Cloud-based, easy to access
- Easily accessible using an Internet browser
- Receive live training in less than 48 hours after subscribing
- Data integration capability
- Interfaces with major dispensing systems
- Easily exact normalized data for use with data warehouses
- Ad Hoc, Standard, and Advanced Reporting
- Large library of report templates provided by Therigy
- Custom reports can be saved to a private report library
- Data may be “sliced and diced” in any way necessary to report to payors, manufacturers, PAP programs, and prescribers
- Export to Excel® or Access® for further analysis or to prepare custom charts and graphs
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Crohn’s Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Growth Hormone Deficiency
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Oncology (orals)
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Take a Closer Look at TherigySTM
In a busy pharmacy where the operational needs are never ending, clinical services may be compromised by a lack of visibility into pending work. Clinical work can be scheduled and managed as effectively as any other pharmacy duty by using technology to establish automated care plans. Further, by developing automated care plans based on best practice guidelines and pharmacy clinical policy, the pharmacy can be assured that all patients receive consistent, appropriate care.
In both large and small organizations, it is often difficult to ensure consistent practices through policies and procedures. This can be especially difficult for clinical services, where protocols may need to be adjusted to accommodate the unique needs of every individual patient. By standardizing the approach to patient interaction with scripted assessments and patient education, pharmacies can communicate the right information at the appropriate time. The branching logic of TherigySTM allows your staff to efficiently navigate the large body of information by presenting scripted questions and education based on the patient’s response or questions that arise during an assessment. Together, scripting and branching logic enables your pharmacy to provide consistent patient care efficiently.
More and more, contracts with both manufacturers and payors require pharmacies to report on the services they provide. It is not unusual for a contract to require 50-100 data elements for every prescription dispensed. Pharmacy stakeholders are demanding evidence of the services provided by a specialty pharmacy. TherigySTM integrates this documentation into an automated clinical care process so that you can achieve much greater efficiency and effectiveness in meeting these demanding reporting requirements. TherigySTM further improves documentation by limiting the amount of free text order entry and maximizing the use of drop down lists, radio buttons, and check boxes. The result of this approach is a rich database of information that can be used to develop reports that meet and even exceed stakeholder’s requirements.
Our Integrated Solution Partners
TherigySTM is delivered directly and in partnership with industry leading dispensing system that participate in the Certified Platform Partner Program. Through certified partners, TherigySTM can be seamlessly integrated with your pharmacy operations software to eliminate duplicate data entry and integrate your clinical and distribution operations.
TherigySTM is leveraged by pharmacies that want to offer value added clinical and patient care services to payor and manufacturer clients. Ask your vendor for more information on how to provide higher level care for your patients.